Designer Style Challenge & Awards
Canada’s search for outstanding original designs.
A mixed media challenge with awards of distinction.
- Over $20,000 in cash & prizes
- 8 – $1,000 Cash Awards
- Swarovski Crystal Trophies & more!
Create an original mixed media work of art — we’re searching for the best in Canada! There’s an incredible array of talent out there, some known and some yet undiscovered. We’re excited to invite you to showcase your expression of creativity.
The Theme is “Celebration ” with a Touch of Silver
The theme is celebration and because it’s Creativ Festival’s 25th SILVER anniversary a touch of silver (from minimal to maximum) is required as the continuous thread throughout all entries. Otherwise open ended to encourage creativity. See the 8 category definitions to decide which category to enter.
The Awards & 8 Categories
As part of Creativ Festival’s on-going evolution and one of its many new 25th SILVER anniversary initiatives, Designer Style Awards will give recognition to those who excel in the arts of quilting, beadwork & jewellery design, needle art, knitting/crochet, fashion sewing & design, fibre art/surface design, paper art and the hot trend of upcycling.
The Judging Criteria
>inspiration and creativity
>craftsmanship and quality
>intricacy and complexity of the design
>innovative use and diversity of materials
For more details and to download the Rules & Regulations or Registration form go to the Designer Style Section of the Creativ Festival Website.
Good luck – we can’t wait to see and share your expression of Creativity!
- Designer Style 2012 Winners Announced
- Final Call: Designer Style Entry Closes Tomorrow
- Society for Creative Anachronism: Re-enacting Crafting Techniques from Medieval Times
- Ontario Handweavers & Spinners
- Evelyn Bouma: Creativity Classes
- Mary Maxim: Yarn, Fabric, Scrapbooking & Needlework Retailer
- Art Tales Inc: Rubber Stamping & Paper Arts Inspirations
- Announcing Creativ Festival Spring 2013
- Creativ Festival on TV
- Linda MacPhee’s Solution for Plastic Bag Ban in Toronto
Creativ Festival Newsletter
What’s Hot On The Blog2013 activities artists Beading classes Create creative festival Creativ Festival crochet Demonstration Design designer diy Embroidery exhibitor Fabric fashion follow free How to instructor jewellery jewelry Knitting learn Lessons Making Needlework ontario Paper Arts Patterns profile Quilting Retailer Scrapbooking Sewing show show floor Spring Swarovski tips Tutorial Video workshops Yarn
- Activities & Demos
- Bear & Doll Making
- Best Moments at Creativ
- Classes Fall 2012 & Earlier
- Creativ Festival: Fall 2012
- Creativ Festival: Spring 2011
- Creativ Festival: Spring 2012
- Creativ Festival: Spring 2013
- Designer Style Challenge
- DIY Decorating
- Edible Arts
- Fibre Arts
- Free: Patterns
- Free: Video Tutorials
- General Crafts
- Home Decor
- Jewellery Making
- Magazines & Media
- Memories & Stories about Creativ
- Mixed Media Projects
- Oil Painting Artists
- Profiles: Artist, Designers & Celebs
- Profiles: Canadian Artists
- Profiles: International Artists
- Profiles: Publisher
- Profiles: Retailers & Online Shops
- Profiles: Suppliers & Manufacturers
- Rug Hooking
- Scrapbooking & Paper Arts
- Soap Making
- Studio Tours
- Surface Design
CF YouTube Learning ChannelShow more videos»